If you’re interested in network marketing, then you are also interested in getting the best quality MLM leads because you realize that a flourishing network marketing business requires consistent success in other words, prospecting, following up, and recruiting.
These three steps make up the 80 percent of things that you need to focus on to prosper in network marketing. In fact, if you are not successful with connecting with prospects, directing them to an online or offline presentation, and following up enroll them then you have no business.
Everything else — the compensation plan, the product, your sponsors, your downline, your training, and so on make up the remaining 20 percent. Ironically, most people focus on the 20 percent, instead of putting their attention on the 80 percent that matters. This is not entirely their fault because most trainings and meetings spend their time talking about the less important structural things rather than the more important profitable things.
However, it follows that if you get the 80 percent right, then the 20 percent will fall into place.
This is not mere conjecture. If you need proof, just look at the top income earners in your company. You will quickly notice that they spend 80 percent of their time looking to get the best quality MLM leads and then converting them into customers and business builders. They are successful because they know what to focus on.
A Roadmap for MLM Success
Here is a simple map on how to make six figures a year:
• Sponsor 100 new distributors. This number refers to how many people you directly sponsor, and it does not refer to the people your downline is sponsored.
• You will get 100 new distributors if you make from 1,000 to 2,000 presentations.
• In order to make this number of presentations, you will have to sift through from 10,000 to 20,000 high quality leads. High quality means that these are a fresh list of targeted people, people interested in having their own home business.
These numbers are seldom talked about in trainings because they are discouraging. They indicate that it requires a very large pool of people to get a small number who are interested enough to enroll.
It’s Time for A Little Realism
When you look at this roadmap, you will immediately notice one thing: MLM is not by any means a way to make money quickly doing a modicum of work. If you want to achieve extraordinary results in MLM, then you have to make extraordinary efforts.
Unfortunately, most people who enroll in an MLM because they like the products, like the idea of financial freedom, and like the idea of setting their own hours and working at their own pace never really think about these numbers.
Instead, they buy into a pipe dream sold by an MLM company. They have entirely inaccurate estimations about how much time, effort, and business skills it takes to reach high income levels.
Usually, in a home or hotel meeting, the new recruit is led to believe that it does not take much time, that it is rather easy to do, and that it does not require consummate business skills.
But the fact is that 90 out of every 100 people who join an MLM end up quitting after 90 days — because they finally come to realize that MLM is not a way to make money quickly. Instead of making money, they find, much to their alarm, that they are actually losing it—by working without pay for long hours and by paying for products through auto-ship to stay qualified as distributors.
Why Do So Many People Fail to Make Any Money With MLM?
There are numerous reasons why people fail in MLM. Many are personal reasons — not enough time to work the business, insufficient motivation, health challenges, or not taking sufficient, constructive action on a regular basis. However, most fail simply because they make the following three mistakes:
1. They buy cheap leads from a list broker. These leads have been reused many times. In addition, they may not even be highly targeted leads.
2. They try to recruit their own leads using local marketing techniques. For instance, they might set out each day to find people to talk to in supermarkets and restaurants. However, since finding people on the streets requires a considerable amount of time and effort, it is difficult to stay consistent with this type of lead generation for very long. What’s more, accosting people on the streets is a random approach. Since these people have not been qualified in any way, most of them will say “no” simply because they are not targeted customers. The high amount of effort and the high amount of personal rejection makes this a relatively inefficient way to get the best quality MLM leads.
3. A final way people try and find leads, a way that is increasing in popularity, is try to use Internet marketing techniques to recruit new prospects. While this is a vast improvement on local marketing techniques because it does not require as much physical effort and because it does focus on targeted lead generation, it still does not work very well. In the first place, 97 percent of people who use Internet marketing techniques for anything from a web-store to an information product, regardless of what they’re selling, fail at it. Simply changing the name from Internet marketing to “attraction marketing” and talking about an opt-in sign up page as a “funded proposal” instead of a name-squeeze page does not simplify the complexity of creating an effective marketing funnel. In order to do very well in Internet marketing, you need to be very good at building websites, creating graphics, copywriting, using social media and generating traffic. These skills are not easy to acquire. Those who are successful at personal branding campaigns have spent a considerable amount of time learning online marketing techniques, as well as a considerable amount of money buying the right courses to learn how to use the best tools to get the job done.
The Plain Truth about MLM
Most people who are interested in making money from home are sold the idea that MLM is their golden ticket to a better life. With it, they can create a home business with ease selling a product that practically sells itself. In fact, there are so many half-truths, myths, and lies about MLM, so many smoke-and-mirror sales techniques used when recruiting people into an MLM opportunity that the plain truth becomes hard to discern.
While MLM is a genuine income opportunity, most of the lead systems taught are completely ineffective. This means that only a few who have mastered marketing and sales skills will prosper while the majority will walk away in disappointment arising from having their dreams dashed by false promises and misleading statements about how MLM is an escape route from the rat race.
The best way to approach MLM is as an investment. Since it is an investment, you need to find a consultant or a contractor who will get paid for producing lead generation and recruitment results. From this perspective, monthly purchase requirements can be viewed as quite similar to investing in an IRA or Individual Retirement Account. The difference, however, is that the money created by a broker for an IRA has to stay in the account until retirement. With an MLM lead generation company who finds new customers for you, you will receive income every month without any penalty.
In order to get the best quality MLM leads, you don’t need more training and you don’t need to attend more meetings. By this time, you may have realized that those who get frequent training or attend meetings religiously are not really getting ahead. Nor is the solution in finding a better MLM, one with a better product or a more generous compensation plan. Success in MLM is not a result of joining the perfect company which offers the perfect product. These are just myths.
Most people fail in MLM because of a systemic problem—the systems in use for promoting the product are relatively ineffective. Lead generation whether online or offline for MLM is very difficult to do. New-fangled lead generation techniques like attraction marketing or mobile marketing are only a variation of older failed techniques. The numbers show that most lead generation techniques in MLM fail for most people who try them.
Here at Tru180, we take the weight of your shoulders. We remove the stress of trying to run a failing MLM business. We do this by introducing you to an effective system that does not require you to be fully trained to execute it flawlessly. It is an effective system because it produces results. We do understand that selling isn’t for everyone. Moreover, when you try out our system, it will not interfere with your schedule because you will not be doing the work. If you would like to learn a better way to get the best quality MLM leads, check out www.tru180.com. We want to help you earn the BMW bonus!